Recycling will be picked up once a each week on the same day as trash collected. Enjoy Single-Stream Recycling, all of your recyclables can be placed together in the same bin! No sorting required. Please rinse all containers clean! The following Items may be recycled:
* Glass Bottles & Jars (Green, brown & clear) Remove lids and food debris from containers. Do not break glass bottles.
* Aluminum Food & Beverage Cans Remove all Lids & Caps. Caps and Lids are to be put into regular trash. Labels do not need to be removed.
* Ferrous ( Iron, Steel & Tin) Remove food debris from the cans. Labels do not need to be removed from the cans.
* Plastic Containers & BottlesNatural and pigmented plastic narrow-neck containers with the symbols May crush plastic containers.
* Newspapers, Magazines. Bundle Newspapers & Magazines.
* Cardboard Cut cardboard to 18″ x 12″ & bundle.
* Shredded Paper Paper that is shredded by a shredder and put into a clear trash bag.
Recycling is mandatory under the PA Municipal Waste Planning, Recycling and Waste Reduction Act 101 of 1998. Ordinance 2-99 requires businesses to provide the Township with the information needed for the 907 Performance Grant and Act 101 recycling report.
Acceptable Items: Corrugated cardboard, high grade office paper and aluminum cans.
Remember: Reimbursement from DEP is based on tonnage of recyclable collected. The more you recycle, the more reimbursement the Township gets. This money helps to keep taxes low and it helps the environment and you!