The purpose of the Middlesex Township Web Site (hereinafter referred to as “website”) is to provide information to the public about the work, actions and ordinances of local government in Middlesex and government-related community programs, activities, services, meetings, events, and issues. The website should also provide:
- convenient transaction options for a variety of Township pay-services.
- on-line access to various Township forms and applications.
- downloadable copies of Township documents, reports and informational publications.
- links to related websites that will better connect Middlesex residents to the broader community.
The content and appearance of this 24 hour per day Internet information website will originate at and be the responsibility of the Township of Middlesex . This website is not a public forum, but rather is maintained for the exclusive use of the Township in communicating matters of general public interest.
- To provide timely public information about government meetings, services, programs and events.
- To provide information which will enable the residents of Middlesex to have more effective access to local government.
- To educate residents about government procedures and processes.
- To provide residents with information on various Township functions and departments.
- To expand community awareness of the decision-making processes of local government.
- To provide accurate, up-to-date information to residents during emergencies.
- To assist Township departments in the delivery of services, programs and information.
- To provide access (via hyperlinks) to information concerning:
- historical, cultural and educational institutions (including the Middlesex School District)
- economic development and opportunities within the Township as well as facts about the Township’s business districts
- other organizations which provide services to the citizens of the Township (e.g., public transportation, healthcare, etc.)
- The website will include information directly supporting the above stated objectives. Examples include a welcome from the President of the Board of Commissioners and the Township Manager, Board of Commissioners Vision for the Township, schedule of public meetings of Boards and Commissions, frequently asked questions, history, etc.
- The Township strives to present current and accurate information on this website, but cannot guarantee it. In the event of a discrepancy between the information on this website and official information available at Township offices, the official information shall prevail.
- Materials and information on the website are provided as a public service and intended to afford general guidelines on matters of public interest. Accordingly, the information on this website is not intended to serve as legal, accounting, tax or other professional advice. Except for the third party materials described herein, the materials and information on this website were generated, compiled, or assembled at public expense and are freely available for non-commercial, non-profit making use, provided the user keeps intact all associated copyright, trademark, and other proprietary notices.
- Unauthorized attempts to modify any information stored on this system, to defeat or circumvent security features, or to utilize this system for other than its intended purposes are prohibited and may result in reporting the offense to the appropriate legal authorities.
WEB LINK GUIDELINES
The Middlesex Township website will be used primarily to provide information by and about Township government. Local municipalities and Civic Associations, which are recognized in the community, may request a web link in writing to:
350 N. Middlesex Rd.
Carlisle, PA 17103
Any registered non-profit agency may be linked to the Township website. All non-profit requests must be accompanied by a written request and must include tangible evidence of non-profit status. Requests should be written to the above address.
Links to personal websites (those created by individuals), links to commercial websites, links to sites associated with, sponsored by or serving a candidate for any political office, by a non-municipal political party or organization, or any ballot proposal not initiated by the Township or School District, and links to websites with obscene or objectionable images or text are prohibited.
Web link requests not covered by any of the above statements will be considered upon written request only, and will be approved only upon an affirmative vote of the Board of Commissioners. Links from the Township’s website to other sites on the Internet do not constitute an endorsement by the Township. The Township is not responsible for the content, quality, or accuracy of any off-site materials referenced or linked through the Township’s website. All approved web links can take up to six weeks to complete.